mercoledì 22 aprile 2009

My conclusion is...?!?

The writer Charles Bukowsky once stated: “Genius might be the ability to say a profound thing in a simple way”. I totally agree with him. People believes that using a complex language often means that you are a genius, or that you are writing or telling something important. Well, academic texts are often hard to follow. This is not always true of course, but it could happen to read a text and think: “uhhmm, and the conclusion is…?”. I read the materials provided in “Handout 2” and I re-read my blog posts to see if I respected the structure “introduction-body-conclusion”and if I was clear enough. Then I compared my posts to those written by an academic researcher who reflects on PLE.
Well, I think I always provided an introduction introducing the topic in the form of questions. I prefer to use the direct form because a blog post is different from other way of writing; a blog post is usually published to create a direct contact with “the community”. On the contrary, giving a good, precise and clear conclusion is always an hard task for me to do. I think all my blog posts lack of a logical close. Now, if I compare my blog posts to those I read in “the academic blog” I chose, I can see many differences! He respects the structure “introduction-body-conclusion”; he uses a simple language and his discussions are always easy to follow. He pays a lot of attention to give references, he provided useful web links and he tries to give logical answers and good suggestions to the comments posted by the visitors.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento