mercoledì 22 aprile 2009

APA and MLA

APA and MLA styles: I know these acronyms only now. We should avoid plagiarism so we should follow some basic rules. APA stands for “American Psychological Association” and as I read on the website suggested by our teacher, it is commonly used to cite sources within the social sciences. MLA stands for “Modern Language Association” and it is commonly used to refer to every type of text. APA and MLA are two styles that provide all the rules to write in-text citations, endnotes/footnotes and the reference pages. Only now I’m able to realize that I have always undervalued these important things. I have always created a reference list, but I’ve never followed precise rules. The main difficulty is related to the accuracy you have to gain in writing your bibliografy and in making your references. Now I’m working on the article I chose…next Thursday I will be able to share my opinions with my “collegues”...

1 commento:

  1. I discovered the existence of APA and MLA only few days ago, too. When I wrote down the bibliography for my BA thesis I was helped by my relator (relatrice). She told me how to do it and I followed her instructions.
    I've got nothing bad to say about your English (I don't like to evaluate the others...), I think it's fine!
    Just a suggestion on this sentence: Only now I’m able to realize that I have always undervalued these important things.
    I'd avoid to say "am able to". I'll say just "only now I realize that..."
    see you tomorrow! :-)

    RispondiElimina